Everyone is invited to our Site Council meetings, which are the third Thursday of each month, at 5:15, in the HCHS penthouse.
This year's members include:
• Marsha Jackson: Chairperson/Parent
• Diane Oliver: Vice-Chairperson/Classroom Teacher
• Casey Chambers: Secretary/Principal
• Chelsea Post: Student Member
• Rachel Rhinehart: Classified Member
• Melody Duncan: Parent Member
• Patricia Moulard: Karuk Education Services
What is the Site Council?
The school site council annually reviews and updates the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) including proposed expenditure of funds allocated to the school through the Consolidated Application. Legislative citation/requirement: Education Code 64001(g), Education Code 52852.
California Education Code (EC) Section 64001 requires that a SSC develop the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). The SSC must approve the plan, recommend it to the local governing board for approval, monitor its implementation, and evaluate the effectiveness of the planned activities at least annually.
The purpose of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) is to create a cycle of continuous improvement of student performance, and to ensure that all students succeed in reaching academic standards set by the State Board of Education.